MCM Android Programming Semester 4 MCM Semester 4 Android Nagpur RTMNU University Syllabus Course and Classes
Atlanta Computer Institute Nagpur conducts Tuition Classes for MCm First Year ( Part 1 ) and MCM Final Year ( Part 2 ) for all universities in India . The Following syllabus is of Nagpur University. Final Year Projects Training is also given to MCM Students.
Paper - II: Elective
Elective - II: Android Programming
UNIT - I
Getting an Overview of Android Introducing Android - Listing the Version History of Android Platform, Discussing Android APIs, Describing the Android Architecture Application Framework, Exploring the Features of Android, Discussing about Android
Applications, The Application Components, The Manifest File, The Command-Line Tools, Developing and Executing the First Android Application, Using Eclipse IDE to Create an Application, Running Your Application, Exploring the Application, Using
Command-Line Tools. Using Activities, Fragments and Intents in Android - Working with Activities, Creating an Activity, Starting an Activity, Managing the Lifecycle of an Activity, Applying Themes and Styles to an Activity, Displaying a Dialog in the Activity,
Hiding the Title of the Activity, Using Intents, Exploring Intent Objects, Exploring Intent Resolution, Exploring Intent Filters, Resolving Intent Filter Collision, Linking the Activities
Using Intent, Fragments, Fragment Implementation, Finding Fragments, Adding, Removing, and Replacing Fragments, Finding Activity Using Fragment, Using the Intent Object to Invoke Built-in Application. Working with the User Interface Using Views and ViewGroups - Working with View Groups, The LinearLayout Layout, The RelativeLayout Layout, The ScrollView Layout, The TableLayout Layout, The FrameLayout Layout, The TabLayout Using the Action Bar, Working with Views, Using the TextView, Using the EditText View, Using the Button View, Using the RadioButton View, Using the CheckBox View, Using the ImageButton View, Using the ToggleButton View, Using the RatingBar View, Binding Data with the AdapterView Class, Using the ListView Class, Spinner, Using the Gallery View, Designing the AutoTextCompleteView, Implementing Screen Orientation, Anchoring the Views of the Current Activity, Customizing the Size and Position of the Views, Designing the Views Programmatically,
Handling UI Events, Handling User Interaction with Activities, Handling User Interaction with the Views, Specialized Fragments, ListFragment, DialogFragment, PreferenceFragment, Creating Menus The Options Menu The Context Menu The SubMenus.
UNIT - II
Handling Pictures and Menus with Views - Working with Image Views, Displaying Images in the Gallery View, Displaying Images in the Grid View, Using the ImageSwitcher View, Designing Context Menu for Image View, Using the AnalogClock and DigitalClock Views, Embedding Web Browser in an Activity, Notifying the User Creating the Toast Notification, Creating the Status Bar Notification, Creating the Dialog Notification. Storing the Data Persistently - Introducing the Data Storage Options,
Using Preferences, Using the Internal Storage Exploring the Methods Used for Internal Storage, Developing an Application to Save User Data Persistently in File, Using the External Storage Exploring the Methods Used for External Storage, Developing
Application to Save File in SD Card, Using the SQLite Database Creating the Database Helper Class, Creating the Layout and Main Activity Class, Creating the Layout and Activity for the Insert Operation, Creating the Layout and Activity to Search a Record,
Creating the Activity Class to Fetch All Records, Creating the Layout and Activity for the Update Operation, Creating the Layout and Activity for the Delete Operation, Executing the Database Operations, Working with Content Providers, Exploring the
android.provider Package, Creating User-Defined Content Provider, Consuming User-Defined Content Provider. Emailing and Networking in Android - Building an Application to Send Email, Networking in Android, Getting an Overview of Networking
Fundamentals, Checking Network Availability, Accessing Web Services Using HTTP Post, Accessing Web Services Using the GET Method, Working with Binary Data and Text Files, Consuming JSON Services, Sockets Programming.
MCM Syllabus RTMNU
UNIT - III
Working with Location Services and Maps - Working with Google Maps, Exploring Google Maps External Library, Creating an Application Using Google Maps Android API, Disabling the Zoom Control Button, Changing the Map Type, Displaying the Specific
Location and Adding Markers, Handling Map Gestures Interaction, Getting the Current Location of a User, Working with Geocoding and Reverse Geocoding. Working with Graphics and Animation - Working with Graphics, Drawing Graphics to Canvas, Using
the Drawable Object, Referencing an Image File, Defining Drawable in XML, Using the Shape Drawable Object, Working with the Nine Patch Drawable Graphics, Understanding the Concept of Hardware Acceleration, Working with Animations, The
Property Animation, View Animation Drawable Animation. Audio, Video and Camera -Role of Media Playback Using Media Player Media Formats Supported by Media Player, Preparing Audio for Playback, Preparing Video for Playback, Creating Application to Play Audio and Video Using MediaPlayer, Recording and Playing Sound, Use of Media Store Audio Recording Application, Creating a Sound Pool Using Camera for Taking Pictures, Creating Video Recording Application.
UNIT - IV
Threads and Services - Introducing Threads Worker Threads Using AsyncTask, Introducing Services Exploring Services Essentials, Understanding the Lifecycle of a Service, Exploring the Service Class, Introducing the Service Class, Creating a Bound Service. Bluetooth, NFC and Wi-Fi - Working with Bluetooth Exploring the Android Bluetooth APIs, Permissions Required to Access Bluetooth, Setting Up the Bluetooth for
an Application, Identifying the Bluetooth-Enabled Devices, Querying the Paired Devices, Discovering Devices Creating an Application Using Bluetooth Functionality, Connecting
the Devices Using Bluetooth for Data Transfer, Connecting as a Server Connecting as a Client Working with Bluetooth Low Energy, Working with NFC, Exploring the Basics of NFC, Developing an Application Using NFC, Working with Wi-Fi, Exploring the Wi-Fi APIs, Creating an Application Using Wi-Fi. Telephony and SMS - Handling Telephony Displaying Phone Information Application Receiving Phone Calls Application, Making
Outgoing Phone Calls Application, Handling SMS Sending SMS Using SmsManager, Sending SMS Using Intent, Receiving SMS Using the BroadcastReceiver Object, Role of Default SMS Providers. Hardware Sensors - Introducing Sensors Exploring the Sensor Framework, Managing Various Sensor Configurations, Understanding the Sensor Coordinate System.
1. Rradeep Kothari, Android Application Development - Black Book, Dreamtech Press.
1. Prasanna Kumar Dixit, Android, Vikas Publishing.
2. Dawn Griffiths & David Griffiths, Head First Android Development, Shroff Publishers.
3. Ed Burnette, Hello Android, Shroff Publishers.
4. Jerome DiMarzio, Android - A Programmer‘s Guide, McGraw-Hill.
5. Dave MacLean, Satya Komatineni, Grant Allen, Pro Android 5, Apress.
6. Reto Meier, Professional Android Application Development, Wiley.
MCM Syllabus RTMNU
Practical List of Android Programming
1. Create ―Hello World‖ android application. That will display ―Hello World‖ in the middle of the screen in the red color with white background.
2. Write an android application to understand Activity, Intenta. Create sample application with login module. (Check username and password) and on successful login, go to next screen. And on failing login, alert user using Toast. Also pass username to next screen.
3. Create an android application that will change color of the screen and change the font size of text view using xml.
4. Create login android application where you will have to validate EmailID (UserName). Till the username and password is not validated, login button should remain disabled.
5. Create and login android application as above. On successful login, open browser with any URL.
6. Create an android application that will pass some number to the next screen, and on the next screen that number of items should be display in the list.
7. Create an android application that will change color of the screen, based on selected options from the menu.
8. Create an android application that will display toast (Message) on specific interval of time.
9. Create a android background application that will open activity on specific time.
10. Create an android application that will have spinner with list of animation names. On selecting animation name, that animation should affect on the images displayed below.
11. Create an android UI such that, one screen have list of all the types of cars. and on selecting of any car name, next screen should show Car details like : name , launched date ,company name, images(using gallery) if available, show different colors in which it is available.
12. Write an android application to read phonebook contacts using content providers and display in list.
13. Write an android application to read messages from the mobile and display it on the screen.
14. Create an android application to call specific entered number by user in the EditText
15. Create an android application that will create database with table of User credential.
16. Create an android application to read file from asset folder and copy it in memory card.
17. Create an android application that will play a media file from the memory card.
18. Create an android application to make Insert, update, Delete and retrieve operation on the database.
19. Create an android application to read file from the sdcard and display that file content to the screen.
20. Create an android application to draw line on the screen as user drag his finger.
21. Create an android application to send message between two emulators.
22. Create an android application to take picture using native application.
23. Create an android application to pick up any image from the native application gallery and display it on the screen.
24. Create an android application to open any URL inside the application and clicking on any link from that URl should not open Native browser but that URL should open the same screen.
25. Create an android application that will create database with table of User credential.
New MCM Syllabus Semester Pattern From 2016 - 17
1. Practical-I : Programming in C & Operating Systems
2. Practical-II : Tally ( ERP 9 ) & MS-Office
2. Core Java
1. Practical-I : Core Java
( i ) PHP & My-SQL
( ii ) VB.Net
( iii ) C#.Net
1. Practical-I : SQL & PL/SQL
2. Practical-II : Electives
2. Electives : (i) Advanced Java
(ii) Android Programming
3. Electives : ( i ) Big Data & Hadoop
( ii ) Software Engineering
( iii )Strategic Management
1. Practical-I : ASP.Net
2. Practical-II : Electives
BCA Bachelor Of Computer Application, BCCA, Bachelor of Commerce & Computer Application BE IT/CS, Information technology/Computer Science MCA, Master of Computer Application MCM, Master of Computer Management Diploma , Polytechnic B.Arch Bachelor Of Architecture, Others,