BCCA Part 3 Software Product and Project ManagementUniversity Syllabus and Classes of BCCA Part 3 Software Product and Project Management
Atlanta Computer Institute Conducts Tuition Classes for BCCA Part 3. We also provide final year Projects of BCCA Students and guidance for Final Year Projects with Certificates.
Software Product and Project Management
Unit-I: PROJECT MANAGEMENT
1. The Management Spectrum, The People, The Product, The Process, The Project
2. Project Manager – Role & Responsibilities
3. Project Estimation – Introduction, Decomposition Techniques – Software sizing, Problem Based Estimation, LOC Based, FP Based estimation
4. Project Scheduling – Basic Concepts, Project Scheduling, Basic Principles, The relationship between People & effort, Effort Distribution, Defining a task network – CPM/PERT, Gantt Chart.
Unit-II: SOFTWARE TESTING STRATEGIES
1. A strategic approach to software testing – Verification & Validation, Organizing for software testing.
2. Test Strategies for conventional software – Unit Testing, Integration Testing.
3. Test Strategies for object-oriented software – Unit Testing, Integration Testing.
4. Validation Testing – Test Criteria, Configuration Review, Alpha & Beta Testing.
5. System Testing – Recovery, Security, Stress & Performance Testing.
6. The Art of Debugging – The debugging process, Psychological consideration, Debugging strategies, correcting the errors.
Unit-III: RISK MANAGEMENT
2. Software Risks
3. Risk Identification – Assessing overall project risk, Risk Components & Drivers
4. Risk Projection – Developing a risk table, Assessing Risk Impact
5. Risk Refinement
6. Risk Mitigation, Monitoring and Management
7. The RMMM Plan
Unit-IV: QUALITY MANAGEMENT
1. Quality Concepts – Quality, Quality Control, Quality assurance, Cost of Quality.
2. Software Quality Assurance – Background issues, SQA Activities.
3. Formal Technical Reviews – The Review Meeting, Review reporting & record keeping, Review guideline
4. Statistical Software Quality Assurance – A generic example, Six sigma for software engineering.
5. Software Reliability – Measure of software reliability & Availability, Software safety.
6. ISO 9000 Quality Standard
Books Recommended :-
Author Title Edition Year of Publication Publisher and Address
Elias M. Awad System Analysis and Design Second 1997 Galgotia Publication
Roger S. Pressman Software Engineering – a Practitioner’s Approach Sixth 2005 McGraw-Hill
Fitz AngGery Gerald System Analysis and Design First 1997 Galgotia Publications , New Delhi
By Whitten, Bentley, Dittman System Analysis and Design Methods Fifth 2001 McGraw-Hill
V.K. Khanna System Analysis, Design & MIS 2002 Khanna Book Publishing, New Delhi
BCA Bachelor Of Computer Application, BCCA, Bachelor of Commerce & Computer Application BE IT/CS, Information technology/Computer Science MCA, Master of Computer Application MCM, Master of Computer Management Diploma , Polytechnic Others,