MCM -Master of Computer Management Part 1 Operating SystemUniversity Syllabus Course MCM Part 1 Operating System
Atlanta Computer Institute Nagpur Conducts MCM Tuition Classes for MCM Part 1 ( First Year ) and MCM Part 2 ( Second Year ). Projects are also provided with guidance.
MCM Part 1
PAPER – III INTRODUCTION TO OPERATING SYSTEMS
UNIT – I
· What is operating system, types of opening systems. Simple Batch systems multiprogramming, time sharing systems personal computer systems, Parallel systems, distributed systems real – Time system Multiprocessing, online & Offline processing.
UNIT – II
· Introduction to Disk Operating system(DOS)
· File types, Directory Structure
· Booting From(Floppy and Hard Disk), Warm and cold Booting
· Types of Dos commands (Internal and external)
· Introduction of Autoexe and config files.
· Didrectory commands: DIR, MD, RD, TREE, PATH, SUBST ETC.
· Wild card definitions
· Commands related to file management: COPY, DEL, ERASE, REN, ATTRIB, XCOPY, BACKUP AND RESTORE.
· General commands: TYPE DATE, TIME PROMT etc.
UNIT – III
· Introduction to Unix overview, file systems and structure of directories and file
· File oriented commands – Cat op, In Mv, rm, etc.
· File permissions
· Directory oriented commands – is mkdir, rmdir, cd, pwd etc.
· Inter user connection commands – write, mail, used, at, wall etc,
· Common commands – skill, date, wo, sleep, who ps.
· Unix utility commands – grep, pr, cut, paste, sort, lp shutdown, halt, sys, tar, find etc.
Basics of shell scripts
· Writing shell scripts, running scripts, using variables, controlling the flow of statement
· Introduction of linux.
UNIT – V
· Introduction to windows95/98 and advantages of windows;
· Using different windows si8multaneously, moving through windows
· Maximizing, minimizing and closing of windows.
· Use of Help features
· Starting and application
· Essential accessories
· Windows Explorer
· Finding folder and files
· Changing system settings
· Use of run command
· Abort my computer
· Setting of printers, mouse etc.
· Windows 98 & new features
BCA Bachelor Of Computer Application, BCCA, Bachelor of Commerce & Computer Application BE IT/CS, Information technology/Computer Science MCA, Master of Computer Application MCM, Master of Computer Management Diploma , Polytechnic Others,