PAPER - 4 : INFORMATION
to IT and Computers, Block diagram of computer, functioning of computer,
generations of computer, classification of computers, characteristics,
advantages & limitations of computer. Computer organization: Central processing
Unit - speed of processor, computer memory: primary & secondary, types of
primary memory, registers. Storage devices: floppy disk, Hard disk, magnetic
tapes, optical disk (CD/ DVD), solid state storage (Flash memory cards, pen
drive, etc.). Input devices: keyboard, mouse, joystick, light pen, scanners,
OCR, MICR, Touch Screen, Bar code reader. Output devices: monitor, printers,
classification of printers, impact & non-impact printers, dot matrix, ink jet,
laser, thermal printers, plotters.
Unit-II :Hardware & software, Software and programming languages. Introduction,
types of software, characteristics of good program, development of programming
languages-machine language, assembly language, high level language.
Data representation: Binary, decimal, Octal, hexadecimal number systems,
features & conversions, BCD, EBCDIC & ASCII codes.
UNIT – III: File Concept, Types of Files, Organization of Files, Data
Processing. Factors affecting File Organisation, Data capture techniques.
Computer communication, wireless communication, need for networks, forms of data
communication – analog, digital; data transmission modes, data transmission
media (Twisted pair, co-axial, Fibre Optic, Microwave, Satellite communication),
Bandwidth- Narrow, voice, board band, Protocols, modems, Multiplexing, Types of
network-, LAN, WAN, MAN, concept of Network topology, types of topologies,
advantages & limitations .Type of networking: Telephone network, ISDN, LAN, MAN,
WAN AND VAN; networking topology; OSI Model.
UNIT – IV: Concept of E-Commerce and Internet, Brief history and development of
internet, WWW, Internet architecture – servers, browsers, URL; service providers
– shell account, TCP/IP internet services and application – E Mail, education,
financial service, e-Commerce, banking, shopping, advertising, e-governance.
Application of Computer: Business and Industry, CAD/CAM graphics, Office
automation, scientific application, process control, computer, computer audit,
Virus, Types of Viruses, Anti-Virus, Firewall and Anti-Spy ware Utilities
1. I.T. TODAY (ENCYCLOPEDIA) BY S. JAISWAL (TEST BOOK)
2. COMPUTER TODAY BY DONALD SENDERS
3. Computer Applications in Management – UshaDahiya,SapnaNagpal(Taxmann’s)
4. Information Technology - Dr. SushilaMadan (Taxmann’s)
5. UNDERSTANDING COMPUTER BY DINESHKUMAR
6. COMPUTER FUNDAMENTALS BY P. K. SINHA
7. OFFICE AUTOMATION BY K.K. BAJAJ (MACMILAN)
8. BUSINESS ON THE NET AN INTRODUCTION TO THE WHATS AND HOWS OF E-COMMERCE BY K.
N. AGARWALA & OTHERS (MACMILAN)
9. Fundamentals of Computers – ITL Education Solutions Ltd. (Pearson)
Paper - 5 :
Unit –I : Word Processing: Introduction,
Starting word, Creating document, Structure of Ms-word window and its
application, Mouse & keyboard operations, designing a document;
formatting-selection, cut, copy, paste, Toolbars, operating on text; Printing,
Saving, Opening, Closing of document; creating a template; Tables, borders,
textbox operations; Spelling and Grammar check,
Mail merge, Envelope and Label, Protection of document, Change the view of
Unit-II : Spreadsheet Package: Introduction To Ms-Excel, Navigating, Excel
Toolbars and Operations, Formatting Features- Copying Data Between Worksheets;
Entering and Editing Cell Entries, Creation of Charts, Editing and Formatting
Charts, Goal Seek, Auditing, Linking, Workbook, Database in Excel (Auto Filter,
Advanced Filter, Sort, Form), Mathematical, Statistical and Financial Functions
Unit-III : PowerPoint Presentation: Working with PowerPoint Window, Standard
Toolbar, Formatting Toolbar, Drawing Toolbar, Moving the Frame, Inserting Clip
Art, Picture, Slide; Text Styling, Send to Back, Entering Data to Graph,
Organisation Chart, Table, Design Template, Master Slide, Animation Setting,
Saving and Presentation, Auto Content Wizard, Package for CD (Pack & Go
Unit-IV : MS-Access : Introduction to database management system, DBMS vs RDBMS,
Database Administrator (DBA) and its role.
Introduction to Microsoft Access, creating a database in access, using database
wizards and blank database, creating table, database view and design view,
creating queries, forms, reports and macros in ms-access.
1. Microsoft Office –2000 – Gini Courter , Annelte Marquis BPB
2. It Today (Encyclopedia– S.Jaiswal
3. A First Course In Computers– Sanjay Saxena
4. First Text Book On Information Technology – SrikantPatnaik
5. Guide To Microsoft Access – Carl Townsand
6. An Introduction to Database Management System – Bipin C. Desai (Galgotia
7. Database Management Design– CSV Murthy ( Himalaya)
Paper-6: Introduction to Operating System
UNIT – I:Introduction to Operating System, definition, need, functions, types of
operating system, simple batch system, multiprogramming , time sharing system,
parallel system, distributed systems, real-time system, multiprocessing, on-line
and off line processing, multitasking, virtual memory management.
UNIT – II:Introduction to Disk Operating System (DOS)
1. File types, Directory Structure
2. Booting - Warm and Cold Booting
3. Types of DOS commands (Internal and External)
4. Introduction of Autoexe and Config files.
5. Directory commands: DIR, MD, RD, TREE, PATH, SUBST ETC.
6. Wild card Definitions
7. Commands related to file management: COPY, DEL, ERASE, REN, ATTRIB, XCOPY,
BACKUP and RESTORE .
8. General commands: TYPE DATE, TIME, PROMPT etc.
9. batch commands, wild card characters & its use.
Unit – III: Introduction to Unix overview
1. File systems and structure of directories and file
2. File Oriented Commands – Cat, op, In mv, rm etc.
3. File Permissions
4. Directory Oriented commands – ls, mkdir, rmdir, cd, pwd etc.
5. Inter user connection commands – write, mail, used, at, wall etc.
6. Common commands – skill, date, wo, sleep, who ps.
7. Unix Utility Commands – grep, pr, cut, paste, sort, lp shutdown, halt, sys,
tar, find etc.
8. Introduction of Linux.
UNIT – IV:Introduction to windows Operating System, advantages of windows
operating system, using different windows applications simultaneously, operating
with windows, GUI, use of help features, starting an application, essential
accessories, creating shortcuts, windows explorer, control panel, my computer,
my documents, recycle bin, finding folders and files, changing system settings,
system tools, use of run command, setting peripherals, drivers, editing graphics
in windows, new features in windows XP/Vista versions.
Introduction to Mobile Operating System
1. MODERN OPERATING SYSTEMS 2nd EDITION BY TANENBAUM (PHI)
2. THE UNIX PROGRAMMING ENVIRONMENT BY KERNIGHAN & PIKE (PHI)
3. DOS/UNIX & WINDOWS: I.T. TODAY (ENCYCLOPEDIA) BYS. JAISWAL
4. OPERATING SYSTEM CONCEPT: SILLBERSCHATZ GALVIN
5. MSDOS; MANUAL
6. USING LINUX (FIFTH EDITION) : TACKETT, BURNETT (PHI)
Practical – I: Microsoft Office
The Practical should be based on MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint and MS-Access.
Practical –II: Operating System
The Practical should be based on MS-DOS, Unix, Shell Script, Windows.
BCCA Part 1 Commerce Group Syllabus
BCCA Part 1 Syllabus
BCCA First Year ( Part 1 }
BCCA Second Year ( Part 2 )
BCCA Third Year ( Part 3 )
Bachelor Of Computer Application, BCCA,
Bachelor of Commerce & Computer Application BE
IT/CS, Information technology/Computer Science MCA,
Master of Computer Application MCM,
Master of Computer Management Diploma
, Polytechnic Others,
Basic Programming C / C++ ,
Hardware & Networking CCNA, MCSE, Hardware,